The Ashtabula County MHRS Board was created by State Statue O.R.C. 340 to do the following:
- Assess the behavioral health needs of the community and plan for treatment and prevention services that meet the unique needs of Ashtabula County
- Set priorities and develop a Community Plan to meet identified needs
- Advocate for clients' rights as they pertain to services received at agencies and organizations certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services. You can contact the Board's Clients' Rights Officer by calling the Board office at 1-440-992-3121.
- Provide 24-hour crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline.
- Evaluate the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of services provided by contract agencies
- The MHRS Board is a HIPAA covered entity. If you have a HIPAA related privacy or security concern that relates to information held by the MHRS Board you can contact our Privacy Office and Security Officer at 440-992-3121 or by email at [email protected]. Ashtabula MHRS Board Notice of Privacy Policies.
This MHRS Board is a 14 member volunteer oversight Board. The Ashtabula County Commissioners appoint 8 members and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services appoints 6. These 6 state appointees include1 mental health professional, 1 substance abuse professional, 2 consumers of services and 2 family members of individuals who have received services.